Graduate Certificate in Environmental Assessment
Individuals interested in applying to the Graduate Certificate in Environmental Assessment should have a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in one of the following areas: natural, physical, or applied sciences, engineering, or related fields, OR coursework of at least 20 credit hours in the natural and applied sciences (biology, chemistry, geology, physical geography, environmental sciences, or engineering).
For those without the necessary background courses in undergraduate science and mathematics, some additional coursework would need to be completed prior to the start of the graduate certificate program. Prospective applicants to the program are encouraged to contact the program director at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss past coursework.
Individuals who are not already enrolled as KU graduate students must complete an application to the Graduate School for admission into the certificate program and submit an application fee along with the following materials:
- A Statement of Interest in the environmental assessment certificate program. This 1-2 page narrative should summarize your education, employment history, your long-term career goals, and how this certificate will help you achieve these goals.
- Official undergraduate transcript.
- A letter of recommendation from someone familiar with your academic work or qualified to offer judgment on your ability to undertake graduate-level work (former professor of instructor, workplace supervisor).
Current KU graduate students wishing to enroll in the Graduate Certificate in Environmental Assessment program will apply through the Graduate School. A student must be in good standing with their graduate degree program in order to participate in the certificate program. A graduate GPA of 3.0 or higher is required for admission. Awarding of certificates will be handled consistent with guidelines and timing of degree awards of the Graduate School. Completion of the certificate will appear on the graduate transcript. KU graduate students should submit the following materials:
- A Statement of Interest in the environmental assessment certificate program and its relationship to your graduate course of study.
- An unofficial copy of your KU transcript.
- A letter of support from your graduate degree program (your advisor or graduate director).