The KU Capital Campaign, Far Above, is now in full swing. Nancy Jackson at KU Endowment is our program’s contact person in the campaign. She is eager to speak with Alumni and Friends who are interested in establishing endowments that transform the lives of students and ensure the sustainability of our environment for generations to come. The Program has established the following giving areas as a guide for prospective donors who are interested and able to make gifts of any size.
- Holistic solutions: funds our efforts to engage undergraduates in the cutting-edge environmental research of our faculty.
- Our global environment: ensures students have access to our outstanding study abroad experiences.
- No student left inside: allows us to continue offering the best field ecology and field studies courses anywhere.
- Seeding new ideas: an opportunity to develop a named lecture series that brings high profile visitors to campus to meet with our students, faculty, and the broader community with the goal of helping build research and action on pressing environmental problems.
- Faculty Fellowships for Environmental Studies: funds faculty across campus to spend a year away from their disciplinary department specifically to teach Environmental Studies and conduct related interdisciplinary research.
- Preparing for environmental careers: makes it possible for students to work in internships, often in non-profits, that are normally unpaid, ensuring everyone has the opportunity to gain the experience required for entering, and excelling in, the environmental workforce.
For additional information, please contact Nancy Browne at 785-832-7397 or email@example.com.